Xiaomi Mi Drone with 4K video recording and swappable 5,100mAh battery has been unveiled by the company.
Xiaomi Mi Drone has been launched in China. With Mi Drone, Xiaomi has jumped into one of the fastest growing category in consumer electronics.
Xiaomi Mi Drone is a quadcopter like many others including some Chinese ones with a 360-degree camera that is capable of recording 4K videos. Xiaomi Mi Drone comes with a remote control that users Xiaomi’s Mi smartphone as viewfinder. It is unclear whether other devices will be supported.
- Xiaomi celebrates 2nd anniversary in India: Offers discounts on Mi 5, Mi 4i and other accessories
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is the most popular smartphone in India and China: Antutu
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 teaser image hints at dual rear camera
- Xiaomi says it has sold over 110 mn units of Redmi smartphones since launch
- Xiaomi partners with Just Buy Live and Innocomm to expand its offline distribution
Xiaomi, in its press renders, is banking on the modularity of the product. Xiaomi Mi Drone comes with a swappable camera module just like its rotary wings.
Xiaomi Mi Drone also has a swappable 5,100mAh battery with features like real-time location tracking and low battery reminder return. Xiaomi Mi Drone has features very similar to DJI Phantom 3 4K but priced very cheap.
Xiaomi Mi Drone is priced at RMB 2,999 for the 4K version while the 1080p recording drone will retail at RMB 2,499. DJI Phantom 3 4K, on the other hand, starts at $799.
Follow Express Techie on Facebook for the latest stories on technology, reviews and more. Or you can tweet out to us @expresstechie for tips, latest tech news.