Xiaomi’s smartwatch for kids puts safety at the centre of a cute looking watch (Source: Xiaomi)
Xiaomi has announced a new smartwatch for kids in China. The smartwatch isn’t a new thing and gets all features seen on wearables targeted at kids.
Xiaomi is reportedly working on its first smartwatch and has announced a smartwatch for kids ahead of that critical launch. The company is expected to launch the successor to its popular Mi Band on May 10.
- Xiaomi celebrates 2nd anniversary in India: Offers discounts on Mi 5, Mi 4i and other accessories
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is the most popular smartphone in India and China: Antutu
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 teaser image hints at dual rear camera
- Xiaomi says it has sold over 110 mn units of Redmi smartphones since launch
- Xiaomi partners with Just Buy Live and Innocomm to expand its offline distribution
Xiaomi’s smartwatch for kids costs just 299 RMB or Rs 3067 approximately. It supports voice calls and alerts parents when their kids walk out of the limited area.
Xiaomi’s smartwatch for kids also has an SOS button which summons help with the press of a button. The SOS button immediately sends current location of parents’ phones.
Xiaomi’s product page says the smartwatch is safe from radiation and consumes less power. The smartwatch is rated to last six days on standby.
Watch all our video reviews
The smartwatch also has pedometer built in. Xiaomi’s smartwatch is just like any smartwatch for kids but what sets it apart is the price.